110 East End Avenue #8G New York, NY 10028
(347) 668 6170
CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
Seasoned executive in the technology industry as a creative and strategic leader. Demonstrates a proven record of
measurable commercial successes in highly regulated environments. Delivers world-class digital consumer products, elegant
and intuitive user experiences, services, and software. Experience ranges from leadership within global cross-functional teams
and high-level product strategy to hands-on user-centered design and implementation across the full customer lifecycle. A
strong communicator, influencer, and trusted advisor to executives, management teams, and partners.
Possesses exceptional commercial and communication skills, is an efficient manager of priorities, and a passionate advocate
for user voice and design culture across global, multidisciplinary environments. Competencies include:
- Brand Marketing
- Product Design
- Product Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Customer Experience
- Visual Identity
- Creative Direction
- Design Systems
- User Experience Design
- Interaction Design
- Web Strategy & Design
- Mentoring and Team Building
118 118 Money London, UK
2018 – 2020
UK financial services company offering personalized financial solutions, including short-term unsecured loans and no-fee credit cards to over 250,000
Chief Creative Officer
Responsible for leading Brand, Media, Customer Communications, and Customer Experience for one of the UK's most
successful brands. 118 118 Money is disrupting the UK financial services industry with unique first to market credit card and
unsecured personal loan propositions. With both a customer-first and data-driven approach, David held responsibility for
delivering brand strategy and positioning, design strategy, management of the full customer experience and communications
lifecycle, including application journeys and all mobile, web, app, SMS, and email communications.
- Managed the design, brand, and product marketing of the UK's first monthly subscription-based credit card, as well as the
first guaranteed credit limit and APR with zero fees credit card
- Designed credit card application journey improvements that increased booked card conversion by 20%
- Increased Direct Debit setup conversion by 30%, resulting in an 18% reduction in first payment misses
- Designed loan application journey improvements that resulted in a positive financial impact of £3.7M per annum
- Composed messaging of SMS-based collections strategies that resulted in a reduced annualized impairment of 20%
- Designed lending management platform to replace legacy system, resulting in a positive financial impact of £3M per annum
- Established compliant governance process for review and approval of all customer-facing regulatory and legal content
- Transformed the global design and marketing teams to significantly increase capabilities, efficiencies, and performance
- Created, managed, and mentored globally diverse teams
kgbNew York, NY
2011 – 2018
$1 billion organization with a global business portfolio and over 6000 employees operating as the world's largest independent provider of enhanced information services.
Creative Director, Global
Responsible for leading the creative vision for a unique portfolio of brands in the US, UK, France, and Italy, including; 118 118, the #1 directory assistance service in the UK, Conduit Global, a leading international contact center and BPO company, and oversaw the design of all customer facing materials for the launch of 118 118 Money, an entirely new personal loans business in the UK.
- Contributed to the successful transformation of several historically beloved UK and FR brands into entirely new markets
- Designed 4 mobile applications for a daily deals business (kgbdeals) in six months' time
- Created all aspects of kgbdeals' visual design, user experience, user interface, brand identity, and content presentation for Web, mobile, and print
- Managed overseas creative teams responsible for creating over 1000 images per week
- Oversaw design integrations of partnerships with Google Offers and Facebook Deals
- Designed all creative output for digital advertising campaigns, SEM, email, Pandora mobile ads, and affiliate marketing initiatives
KOETKE MEDIA SOLUTIONS, Inc. New York, NY
2008 – 2011
A New York City based bespoke digital strategy and design agency specializing in online education platforms and learning management systems.
Founder and President
Partnered with client CEOs and senior stakeholders to identify marketplace opportunities, provide creative leadership, brand strategy, and strategic planning expertise in order to consistently meet or exceed business goals.
- Developed long term relationships with high profile Educational Technology clients
- Built and mentored a global, geographically diverse team of highly qualified designers
- Led the UI and UX design and development, interactive design implementation, and the production of creative collateral for both web and print
- Developed a proven track record of delivering best of breed products to the marketplace
- Maintained a proven record of delivering best of breed products to the marketplace
Selected Client Engagements:
- 2U: Provided design services for MAT@USC, the world's first program of its kind, allowing a top research university to deliver online Master of Arts in Teaching degrees
- Noodle Education: Worked directly with the founder & former CEO of The Princeton Review to develop web product strategy, including creative leadership and design direction for a state-of-the-art education and tutoring search platform
- Unigo: Collaborated with CEO, CTO, and product teams to design www.unigo.com, the world's largest collection of college reviews by college students; designed UX, provided product development strategy and implementation, micro sites, webcasts, and content syndication with The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post
- SchoolNet: Designed the UI and UX for 'Response to Intervention', SchoolNet's comprehensive student evaluation and monitoring software solution
- CORE-K12: Designed the UI and UX for 'Assessment Center', Core-K12's formative student assessment program
- Social Media Today: Collaborated with the CTO to re-brand the organization. Designed and created numerous micro sites, marketing materials, eBooks, whitepapers, and digital advertising assets
HOUGHTON MIFFLIN HARCOURT, New York, NY
1999 – 2008
Conceived, researched, and managed the development of the eSchool® Online 4.0 platform user interface, visual design, interaction design, and content development process throughout its entire lifecycle. eSchool® Online was the world's first online application that combined video with web content (convergence). Throughout a series of mergers and acquisitions, eSchool® Online established itself as the core online professional development product within each organization, ultimately growing into a multi million dollar business.
HARCOURT EDUCATION, (purchased by RiverDeep/Houghton Mifflin, 2008)
2007 – 2008
Creative Director, Harcourt Connected Learning
Oversaw the creative vision and direction of newly created subsidiary, Harcourt Connected Learning
- Significantly reduced development costs by managing overseas design and engineering teams
- Collaborated with company President and marketing lead on marketing initiatives
- Streamlined the redesign of "Connected University®"
Creative Director, Classroom Connect (a subsidiary of Harcourt Education)
2003 – 2006
Oversaw the creative design efforts for a $12M online customized professional development business
- Directed the development of interactive content deployed in over 24 U.S. school districts
- Oversaw the design of printed marketing materials and interactive product demonstrations
- Managed the production of "The Connected Newsletter," a 24 page monthly publication for teachers
- Promoted from Art Director 2004
Art Director, eSchool® Online / ACTV (purchased by Classroom Connect, 2003)
1999 – 2003
Managed the design, development, and implementation of functional requirements, application interface, interactive content, and learning management system (LMS) of a $1.4M online convergent application
- Led a team of executive producers, instructional designers, sales managers, and engineers to define the features of eSchool® Online 4.0, the first convergent online learning software platform.
- Directed the development of a content creation process that cut production costs by $250,000
- Collaborated with executives at Blackboard, Inc. to design and develop a customized LMS
- Collaborated with McGraw-Hill executives to design and develop the interface, marketing materials, website, and content for "Mathematics YES!" a $1.4M online professional development project
- Managed large teams of designers and developers producing interactive educational content
SCHOLASTIC, Inc., New York, NY
1994 – 1999
Design Consultant, Scholastic Technology and New Media
Designed and prototyped the interfaces and interactive activities for numerous high profile CD-ROM software titles. Created engaging online activities for 'ScholasticNetwork.com', the world's first online educational subscription service for schools
- Created designs and graphics for numerous online activities for ScholasticNetwork.com, pioneering the use of propriety blogs, online chat, and daily content updates for students and teachers
- Designed prototype interface, character development, and artwork for 'Interactive Phonics Readers,' a companion CD-ROM for Scholastic's 'Phonics Readers,' used by over 4.5 million students
- Designed prototype interface and artwork for the 'Scholastic Reading Inventory' CD-ROM title
- Conceptualized, prototyped, and designed modular interfaces for a set of 24 CD-Roms included as a technology component for 'Literacy Place', Scholastic's integrated K-6 literacy curriculum
2015 Credit Today Award Winner for "Alternative Lender of the Year - Mid/Short Term"
2015 Moneynet.co.uk Award Winner for "Best Specialist Loan Provider"
- Responsible for the design/UX/UI for 118 118 Money, a financial services product launched in September of 2013
2006 CODiE Award Finalist for "Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators"
- Managed the interface and content interaction design for "Holt Online Learning® Teaching Algebra"
2005 CODiE Award Finalist for "Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators"
- Spearheaded the feature design, user interface, and application design of eSchool® Online 4.0
1988-1990 Carnegie Mellon University, College of Fine Arts, Pittsburgh, PA
1991-1994 BFA, University of Kentucky, College of Fine Arts, Lexington, KY