A digital media creative professional offering over 20 years of progressive advancement in the technology industry as a creative and strategic leader. Demonstrates a proven record with measurable successes in the development of ground breaking internet-based products, services, and convergent software applications. Experience ranges from high-level strategic product planning to hands-on design and project implementation. Possesses exceptional management and communication skills, is an efficient manager of priorities, and evangelizes for the essential nature of collaborative multidisciplinary environments to achieve outstanding results.
2011-Present KGB, INC., New York, NY
Global Creative Director
Responsible for leading the creative vision for the kgbdeals brand in the US, UK, France, and Italy. kgbdeals is the Daily Deal arm of KGB, Inc., which has grown to over 5.2 million subscribers in 2 years.
- Created a completely rebranded kgbdeals suite of products and services in under three months.
- Designed four kgbdeals mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows 7 Phone)
- Managed overseas kgbdeals creative teams responsible for creating over 1000 images per week.
- Designed all creative output for kgbdeals digital advertising campaigns, including SEM, email, Pandora mobile ads, and affiliate marketing initiatives.
- Oversaw the design integration of partnerships with Google Offers, Facebook Deals, and Foursquare.
- Created all aspects of kgbdeals’ visual design, user experience, user interface, brand identity, and content presentation for Web, mobile, and print.
2008-2011 KOETKE MEDIA SOLUTIONS, INC., New York, NY
Founder and President
Partner with client CEOs and senior stakeholders to identify marketplace opportunities and provide creative leadership, brand strategy, and strategic planning expertise in order to consistently meet or exceed client business goals
- Building and continuously mentoring a globally and ethnically diverse team of highly qualified designers and developers, both onshore and offshore
- Leading UI and UX design and development, interactive design implementation, and the production of creative collateral (both web and print)
- Proven track record of delivering best of breed and next generation products to the marketplace
- Developing long term relationships with high profile clients, including 2Tor, Noodle Education, Unigo LLC, Social Media Today, LLC, COREK-12, Pearson, and SchoolNet
- Consistently deliver projects and products on time and within budget
- Expanding business through unparalleled commitment to client satisfaction, evidenced by the solicitation of additional services by each client served
1999-2008 HOUGHTON MIFFLIN HARCOURT, New York, NY
Conceived, researched, and managed the development of the eSchool® Online 4.0 platform user interface, visual design, interaction design, and content development process throughout its entire lifecycle. eSchool® Online was the world’s first online application that combined video with web content (convergence). Throughout a series of mergers and acquisitions, eSchool® Online established itself as the core online professional development product within each organization, ultimately growing into a multi million dollar business.
2007-2008 HARCOURT EDUCATION (purchased by RiverDeep/Houghton Mifflin, 2008)
Creative Director, Harcourt Connected Learning
Oversaw the creative direction of newly created subsidiary, Harcourt Connected Learning
- Significantly reduced development costs by managing overseas design and engineering teams
- Collaborated with company President and marketing lead on marketing initiatives
- Streamlined the redesign of Connected University®
2003-2006 Creative Director, Classroom Connect® (a subsidiary of Harcourt Education)
Oversaw the creative design efforts for a $12M online customized professional development business
- Directed the development of interactive content deployed in over 24 U.S. school districts
- Oversaw the design of printed marketing materials and interactive product demonstrations
- Managed the production of The Connected Newsletter®, a 24 page monthly publication for teachers
1999-2003 Art Director, eSchool® Online / ACTV (purchased by Classroom Connect, 2003)
Managed the design, development, and implementation of functional requirements, application interface, interactive content, and learning management system (LMS) of the world's first convergent application
- Led a team of executive producers, instructional designers, sales managers, and engineers to define the features of eSchool® Online 4.0, the first convergent online learning software platform.
- Directed the development of a content creation process that cut production costs by $250,000
- Collaborated with executives at Blackboard, Inc. to design and develop a customized LMS
- Collaborated with McGraw-Hill executives to design and develop the interface, marketing materials, website, and content for Mathematics YES!™ a $1.4M online professional development project
- Managed large teams of designers and developers producing interactive educational content
1997-1999 SCHOLASTIC, Inc., New York, NY
Design Consultant, Scholastic Technology and New Media
Designed and prototyped the interfaces and interactive activities for numerous high profile CD-ROM software titles. Created engaging online activities for ScholasticNetwork.com®, the world’s first online educational subscription service for schools
- Created designs and graphics for numerous online activities that pioneered the use of propriety blogs, online chat, and daily content updates
- Designed the prototype interface, character development, and artwork for Interactive Phonics Readers®, a companion CD to Scholastic’s Phonics Readers®, used by over 4.5 million students
- Designed the prototype interface and artwork for the Scholastic Reading Inventory® CD title
1997-1998 AGENCY FOR INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY, Bloomington, IN
Design Consultant, The Learning Odyssey®
Pioneered the design of the world’s first full-grade curriculum delivered entirely over the internet, AIT’s The Learning Odyssey®, now Compass Learning Odyssey®.
- Designed logo, application interface, marketing materials, and content template systems
- Art Directed and managed photo shoots to acquire original artwork for marketing and content use
1997 DORLING KINDERSLEY, New York, NY
Design Consultant, www.dk.com
- Prototyped and designed www.dk.com, DK Publishing’s American corporate website
- Designed cover art for DK’s CD title, Eyewitness® Children’s Encyclopedia
1994-1996 SCHOLASTIC, Inc., New York, NY
Senior Designer/Art Director, Scholastic Education
- Conceptualized, prototyped, and designed modular interfaces for a set of 24 CDs included with Literacy Place™, an integrated K-6 literacy curriculum
2007 CODiE Award Finalist, 'Best Professional Development Solution'
- Effective Technology Integration (ETI) Responsible for interface and content interaction design
2006 CODiE Award Finalist, 'Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators'
- Holt Online Learning™ Teaching Algebra
Directed interface and content interaction design
2005 CODiE Award Finalist, 'Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators'
- eSchool® Online 4.0
Responsible for the feature design, user interface, and application design
BFA, Painting and Sculpture, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky. 1991-1994
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 1988-1990
Click the orange binder.
Check out this section to see examples of works in more traditional media: painting, drawing, and sculpture.