110 East End Avenue #5A New York, NY 10028
(347) 668 6170
Seasoned creative executive offering over 25 years of progressive advancement in the technology industry as a creative and strategic leader. Demonstrates a proven record with measurable successes in the design and development of groundbreaking digital products, services, and software. Experience ranges from high-level product strategy to hands-on user-centered design and implementation with an extreme passion for detail. Possesses exceptional management and communication skills, is an efficient manager of priorities, and is a passionate advocate for collaborative multidisciplinary environments to achieve outstanding and impactful results.
- Product Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Mobile Design
- Mobile Design
- Brand Management
- Customer Experience
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- User Experience Design
- Interaction Design
- Web Strategy & Design
- Team Building and Leadership
118 118 Money New York, NY
10/2018 – 01/2020
Chief Creative Officer
Responsible for leading Brand, Media, Customer Communications, and Customer Experience for one of the UK's most successful brands. 118 118 Money is disrupting the UK financial services industry with unique first to market credit card and unsecured personal loan propositions. With both a customer-first and data-driven approach, David held responsibility for delivering brand strategy and positioning, design strategy, management of the full customer experience and communications lifecycle, including application journeys and mobile, web, app, SMS, and email communications.
- Managed the design and marketing of the UK's first monthly subscription-based credit card, as well as the first guaranteed credit limit and APR with zero fees credit card
- Designed credit card application journey improvements that increased booked card conversion by 20% and Direct Debit setup conversion by 30%
- Spearheaded loan application journey improvements that resulted in a positive financial impact of 3.7M per annum
- Composed the messaging of an outbound SMS-based collections strategies that resulted in a reduced annualized impairment of 20%
- Designed the UI for an in-house lending management platform to replace legacy third party systems for a positive financial impact of 3M per annum
- Ensures all customer facing materials are on brand, legal, and compliant
- Ensures ongoing brand awareness and consistency in all creative material
- Managed and mentored globally diverse creative teams
KGB, Inc, New York, NY
04/2011 – 10/2018
Global Creative Director
Responsible for leading the creative vision of several global brands in the US, UK, France, and Italy. kgb holds a unique portfolio of complimentary businesses, including; 118 118, the #1 UK directory assistance service, Conduit Global, a leading BPO service, and 118 118 Money, an award winning financial services businesses.
- Contributed to the successful transformation of historically beloved UK and French brands into entirely new markets.
- Designed four mobile applications for the kgbdeals business
- Created all aspects of kgbdeals' visual design, user experience, user interface, brand identity, and content presentation for Web, mobile, and print
- Managed overseas creative teams responsible for creating over 1000 images per week
- Oversaw the design integration of partnerships with Google Offers, Facebook Deals, and Foursquare
- Designed all creative output for digital advertising campaigns, SEM, email, Pandora mobile ads, and affiliate marketing initiatives
KOETKE MEDIA SOLUTIONS, Inc. New York, NY
08/2008 – 04/2011
Founder and President
Partnered with client CEOs and senior stakeholders to identify marketplace opportunities, provide creative leadership, brand strategy, and strategic planning expertise in order to consistently meet or exceed business goals.
- Developed long term relationships with high profile clients, including 2U, Noodle Education, Unigo, Social Media Today, COREK-12, Pearson, and SchoolNet
- Built and mentored a global, geographically diverse team of highly qualified designers and developers
- Lead the UI and UX design and development, interactive design implementation, and the production of creative collateral for both web and print
- Developed a proven track record of delivering best of breed products to the marketplace
- Consistently delivered projects and products on time and within budget
Selected Client Engagements:
- 2U, Inc.: Provided design services for MAT@USC, the world's first and only program of its kind, allowing a top research university to deliver online Master of Arts in Teaching degrees
- Noodle Education: Worked directly with the founder & former CEO of The Princeton Review to develop overall web product strategy, including creative leadership and design direction for a state-of-the-art education search platform
- Unigo, LLC: Collaborated with CEO, CTO, and product team to design www.unigo.com, the world's largest collection of college reviews by current college students; designed UX, provided product development strategy and implementation, including micro sites, webcasts, and content syndication with The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and other media; product was described by The New York Times Magazine as "...so evocative they make the one-page U.S. News summaries read like junk mail..."
- SchoolNet: Designed the UI and UX for 'Response to Intervention', SchoolNet's comprehensive student evaluation and monitoring software solution.
- CORE-K12: Designed the UI and UX for 'Assessment Center', Core-K12's formative student assessment program
- Social Media Today: Collaborated with the CTO to conceive the re-branding and redesign of Social Media Today's existing suite of websites. Designed and created numerous microsites, marketing materials, eBooks, Whitepapers, and digitals advertising assets.
HOUGHTON MIFFLIN HARCOURT, New York, NY
1999 – 2008
Conceived, researched, and managed the development of the eSchool® Online 4.0 platform user interface, visual design, interaction design, and content development process throughout its entire lifecycle. eSchool® Online was the world's first online application that combined video with web content (convergence). Throughout a series of mergers and acquisitions, eSchool® Online established itself as the core online professional development product within each organization, ultimately growing into a multi million dollar business.
HARCOURT EDUCATION, (purchased by RiverDeep/Houghton Mifflin, 2008)
2007 – 2008
Creative Director, Harcourt Connected Learning
Oversaw the creative vision and direction of newly created subsidiary, Harcourt Connected Learning
- Significantly reduced development costs by managing overseas design and engineering teams
- Collaborated with company President and marketing lead on marketing initiatives
- Streamlined the redesign of "Connected University®"
Creative Director, Classroom Connect (a subsidiary of Harcourt Education)
2003 – 2006
Oversaw the creative design efforts for a $12M online customized professional development business
- Directed the development of interactive content deployed in over 24 U.S. school districts
- Oversaw the design of printed marketing materials and interactive product demonstrations
- Managed the production of "The Connected Newsletter," a 24 page monthly publication for teachers
- Promoted from Art Director 2004
Art Director, eSchool® Online / ACTV (purchased by Classroom Connect, 2003)
1999 – 2003
Managed the design, development, and implementation of functional requirements, application interface, interactive content, and learning management system (LMS) of a $1.4M online convergent application
- Led a team of executive producers, instructional designers, sales managers, and engineers to define the features of eSchool® Online 4.0, the first convergent online learning software platform.
- Directed the development of a content creation process that cut production costs by $250,000
- Collaborated with executives at Blackboard, Inc. to design and develop a customized LMS
- Collaborated with McGraw-Hill executives to design and develop the interface, marketing materials, website, and content for "Mathematics YES!" a $1.4M online professional development project
- Managed large teams of designers and developers producing interactive educational content
SCHOLASTIC, Inc., New York, NY
1994 – 1999
Design Consultant, Scholastic Technology and New Media
Designed and prototyped the interfaces and interactive activities for numerous high profile CD-ROM software titles. Created engaging online activities for 'ScholasticNetwork.com', the world's first online educational subscription service for schools
- Created designs and graphics for numerous online activities for ScholasticNetwork.com, pioneering the use of propriety blogs, online chat, and daily content updates for students and teachers
- Designed prototype interface, character development, and artwork for 'Interactive Phonics Readers,' a companion CD-ROM for Scholastic's 'Phonics Readers,' used by over 4.5 million students
- Designed prototype interface and artwork for the 'Scholastic Reading Inventory' CD-ROM title
- Conceptualized, prototyped, and designed modular interfaces for a set of 24 CD-Roms included as a technology component for 'Literacy Place', Scholastic's integrated K-6 literacy curriculum
2015 Credit Today Award Winner for "Alternative Lender of the Year - Mid/Short Term"
2015 Moneynet.co.uk Award Winner for "Best Specialist Loan Provider"
- Responsible for the design/UX/UI for 118 118 Money, a financial services product launched in September of 2013
2006 CODiE Award Finalist for "Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators"
- Managed the interface and content interaction design for "Holt Online Learning® Teaching Algebra"
2005 CODiE Award Finalist for "Best Professional Development Product or Service for Educators"
- Spearheaded the feature design, user interface, and application design of eSchool® Online 4.0
BFA, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky. 1991-1994
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 1988-1990